Hello everyone! I got nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award, so here we go!
Put the award logo/image on your blog.
List the rules.
Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog!
Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
You have to nominate 10-20 people.
Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
Share your link to your best post(s).
Three things about myself:
1. I enjoy drawing a lot, though I have a problem to actually sit down and draw as of late;
2. I own two dogs and they’re the world to me; they’re Shih Tzus going by the names of Tyki and Tali. I’ve named them after an anime character (D.Gray-man) and a video game character (Mass Effect) respectively;
3. I’m horribly clumsy.
- What is your favorite book series of all time and why?
A difficult question, but I have to go with The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell. I have a soft spot for Arthurian fiction, and I love the historical angle of a raw medieval setting. However, the characters and twists on Arthurian fiction are also very interesting, and I love the way it’s been written. I also like how it’s been told from the POV of a soldier in Arthur’s service.
- What book in your favorite series is your favorite?
The first of The Warlord Chronicles, The Winter King. I’m not sure why since each of the books has great points, but I do tend to like the first books in series the best. Probably because it introduces us to the setting and a very young Derfel.
- Who is your most owned Author?
Stephen King, without a doubt. I haven’t read all of them yet, though, and I have forbidden myself from getting any new Stephen King books until I have read more of those I already own.
- What book cover is your ultimate favorite and why?
Another difficult question! I’m going to go with my Barnes and Nobles edition of Sir Thomas Malory’s Le Morte D’Arthur.
- Who is your favorite character and why?
My all-time favourite character is not a book character (Scar from The Lion King), but I suppose he doesn’t count. It’s a difficult decision (again!), but I’ll go with Sir Gawain from the Arthurian legends. I sense a theme in my answers. Why? Because he’s flawed, even in the older texts, which makes him a very interesting character. “Sir Gawain and the Green Knight” has one of my favourite portrayals of him.
- Random: What is your favorite TV Show?
Hannibal! Even though I haven’t watched the third season yet. For anime, I’ll go with Puella Magi Madoka Magica, though it’s a close call with some other titles.
1. Susan Loves Books
3. Book Owly
5. The Book Swag
6. Nerd in New York
7. Flavia the Bibliophile
8. Book Slayer Reads
9. Flawless Reads
10. Book Huntress
11. Ola Reads Books
1. Who is your favourite author?
2. What is your “guilty pleasure” book?
3. What is your favourite book from childhood?
4. What’s your favourite place to read?
5. What are your other hobbies other than reading/blogging?
Links to my best posts:
Difficult one. I think Review: Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie and Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling are the ones I personally enjoyed most when I was writing them, so I tend to think them as my “best”.